Courses Outline-SQl Server
Installing and Configuring SQL Server
- Install SQL Server 2008.
- Configure SQL Server 2008 instances and databases.
- Configure SQL Server security
- Configure linked servers by using SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS).
Implementing High Availability and Disaster Recovery
- Implement database mirroring
- Implement log shipping
- Manage database snapshots.
Supporting Data Consumers
- Retrieve data to support ad hoc and recurring queries
- Manipulate relational data
- Manage XML data
- Implement an HTTP endpoint
- Implement Service Broker components
- Import and export data from a file
- Manage replication.
- Implement and maintain SQL Server Agent jobs
- Manage databases by using Transact-SQL
- Back up a database
- Restore a database
- Move a database between servers
Creating and Implementing Database Objects
- Implement a table
- Implement a view
- Implement triggers
- Implement functions
- Implement stored procedures
- Implement constraints
- Implement indexes
- Create user-defined types
- Implement a full-text search.
Monitoring and Troubleshooting-
SQL Server Performance
- Gather performance and optimisation data by using the SQL Server Profiler
- Performance and optimisation of data by using the Database Engine Tuning Advisor
- Monitor and resolve blocks and deadlocks
- Diagnose and resolve database server errors
- Monitor SQL Server Agent job history
- Gather performance and optimisation data by using DMVs.
Duration: 1 Month
Career Option: DBA
Pre-requisites Students attending this MS SQL Server training course should have basic knowledge of Query Language.