As a rapidly growing and expanding company, K&A Private Limited has signed a service agreement with K&A Engineering Consulting, USA to provide the professional engineering services. We are hiring one (1) IT person in Nepal who can provide IT related support to our employees in USA and Nepal. This person works at the night shift for the first few months until he or she is fully brought to speed. He/she will work as an IT System Administrator to manage and administer its IT Infrastructure as well as its network and end-user computing needs. The IT Systems Administrator will provide technical assistance in person, via telephone, or electronically, to staff regarding hardware and software including, but not limited to: workstation set up, software installs, operating systems, printing, email & internet connectivity. This person will also work alongside project teams to support on-going IT related work. If you are the kind of person who thrives in a challenging environment and has creative expertise, we are interested in you!
- Responsible for the set up & configuration of all desktop & laptop computers during new employee onboarding.
- Responsible for the configuration, and administration of end-user computing resources, corporate cloud systems and information backup.
- Troubleshoot local hardware and software errors by running diagnostics, documenting problems and resolutions, prioritizing problems, and assessing impact of issues.
- Perform regular backup operations and implement appropriate processes for data protection, disaster recovery, and failover procedures.
- Lead desktop support efforts, ensuring all desktop applications, workstations, and related equipment problems are resolved in a timely manner with limited disruptions.
- Work alongside project teams to support on-going IT related work.
- Make technology recommendations for hardware and software needs at both the enterprise and user levels.
- Weekly hours will vary depending on business needs. Provide after hours on-call support as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
What You Will Need to Succeed:
- Minimum 3-4 years’ experience working in the Information Technology field supporting end-users, with hands-on experience installing and maintaining infrastructure related hardware, software and processes
- Strong knowledge of systems and networking software, hardware, and networking protocols. Specifically, extensive power user level knowledge of Office 365 with a focus on Microsoft Outlook. Knowledge of troubleshooting delegate access to mailboxes.
- Experience with Microsoft SharePoint Online collaboration and content management
- Experience administering user accounts, permissions and roles via Microsoft Active Directory, Windows 10, SharePoint, Microsoft Azure and x86 hardware
- A+, Network+, MCSA Certifications Preferred
- A strong grasp of Enterprise level networking equipment including industry standard firewall appliances, cisco network switches and wireless access point management and configuration.
- Experience with TCP/IP, VPN, VOIP, and WAN technologies.
- Ability to do advanced level of OS troubleshooting in Windows environment
- Strong technical aptitude and ability to research & solve complex issues independently, within a team or with a vendor
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to work collaboratively in a team environment as well as independently in a deadline-driven environment to achieve results
- Ability to supervise and delegate tasks to outsourcing professionals as needed
- Strong accountability attribute as this position will be working remotely, with the occasional business need to be in the company office.
- As the company continues to grow, this position may be considered for FT employment