GIS Training in Nepal
Considering the wider scope of geographic information system skills Broadway offers career-oriented GIS training in Nepal to produce capable and competent GIS experts. The training course covers knowledge on handling specific GIS software to develop analytical maps and analyze spatial data in making quality decision. Civil engineers, surveyors, geographic data enthusiasts, researchers and students are the main target audience for GIS training in Nepal.
- Learn the foundational concepts of GIS
- Installation of GIS software
- Familiarity with geospatial concepts and terminologies
- Development of analytical maps
- Understanding spatial analysis techniques
- Mapping of 2D and 3D data
- Understanding implications of GIS knowledge in real world scenario
- Project Work on GIS related topics
Benefits of GIS Training at Broadway Infosys Nepal
- Professional GIS experts as instructors
- Self-sufficient training lab
- Modern and interactive learning approach
- Opportunity to get involved in GIS community
- Network building with GIS experts and fellow trainees
- Regular assignments to test GIS knowledge status
- Internship and job placement opportunity at GIS focused organizations
- Customized GIS training course also available for needy students
As the number of trainees pursuing GIS course is increasing significantly we would like to recommend you to approach office at the earliest. You can book your seats for the upcoming GIS training by contacting our office or leaving message on our inquiry forms or social media page. We look forward to welcoming you at Broadway Infosys Nepal
Courses Outline :- GIS Training in Nepal
- Introduction to GIS & Installation ArcGIS 10.5
- Data Preparations and folder connection.
- Basic features of ArcMap, Arc Catalog and ArcToolbox.
- Exploring the ArcMAP Window, Understanding Toolbars and Menus.
- Exploring the features of layer properties.
- Selection by attributes.
- Delete selected rows.
- Invert selection feature.
- Join and relate the attribute table with a different non-spatial dataset
- Advance sort
- Field Calculator
- Calculate geometry
- Turn off, freeze, delete
- Export attribute table to excel.
- Visualization with categories.
- Visualization with quantity.
- Normalization for large numbers.
- Generate data visualization graphs and charts.
- World coordinate system
- Projected coordinate system.
Working with Google Earth.
- Layer conversion
- Map conversion
- Google earth map generation
- Coordinate system in google earth
Real time Survey Sampling/Project area selection technique.
- Calculate grid, coordinates of all areas.
- Conversion to Google earth for real time data processing.
- Remove certain areas if needed.
- Selection by location.
- Select the random household/area for project.
Manual Editing of vector dataset and Editors tool in ArcGIS .
Working with GPS, plotting GPS point and generate map.
Managing datasets in Projects using ArcCatalog.
Georeferencing the paper map, undefined dataset.
- Flow Direction
- Flow Accumulation
- Stream orders and lines.
Working with Isolines (isohyetes and contours) .
Generating Raster Datasets .
Map digitization (Plolygon, Polyline, Point).
- Summary statistics
- Tabulate intersection
- Symmetric difference
- Map layout design
- Label, Scale Bar, Grid, North arrow, title, text.
- Charts with visualization
- Index map
- Map Export
- Add extension
- Generate histogram
- Kriging model in geostatistical analysis
- Clip and export 3D raster
- Reclassify the coordinates.
- Generate contour
- Calculate aspect
- Calculate slope
- Extension and environment setup
- Create Network dataset.
- Find the shortest route
- Build new service area cluster.
- Find the nearest service facility.
- Develop query for multi-level selection.
- Working with string functions
- Learn to use functions for others miscellaneous problems
Using the Spatial Join feature.
Class test and project discussion.
- Resource collection (dataset and tools)
- Project concept note(PCN)
- Project Submission.
- Introduction to remote sensing
- Unsupervised and supervised classification
- Majority Filter
- Suitability analysis