Statistical Package for the Social Sciences (SPSS)
SPSS, originally known as Statistical Package for Social Sciences, has now become a leading, powerful statistical software which is now not just limited to original field but widely used to solve a variety of research and business matters and problems in different field. This is a package of solution designed to expand your analytical knowledge and capabilities providing a range of statistical techniques along with hypothesis testing, analysis and reporting. This ultimately makes it easier to access data, manage them, and then select required techniques to perform analysis and share the final output results.
SPSS training courses provides full coverage of SPSS statistics from fundamentals to data management, statistical analysis with interpretation of results, statistical methods and techniques for survey analysis.
SPSS training course is specifically designed to support aspiring surveyors, statisticians and professionals involved in research, data management and data analysis. The course is designed for those students who are looking for having a clear idea and make use of SPSS software to perform their statistical works making the data management and analysis easy and accurate. Broadway has designed the standard SPSS learning course that includes basic introduction to SPSS giving you the clear idea of fundamentals and then slowly progress you towards data management and analytical parts. It has really become essential to take help of software with the increasing number and complexity of data nowadays and requirement of quick delivery of results has made it even more essential.
Benefits of SPSS Training in Broadway Infosys Nepal
- Personalized feedback on project
- Wide access to course materials
- Highly qualified and experienced instructors
- Motivation and encouragement
- Regular interaction with experienced Data analysts involved in working with SPSS in their projects
- Comprehensive training methodology
- Overall emphasis in practical approach training
- Proper instruction and guidance for interpretation of statistical results while performing data analysis.
Introduction to fundamentals of SPSS, Introduction to data design, processing from file, edit ,data and analysis from transform and analytical necessities, calculating tests and performing analysis like t-test, correlation, regression, reliability analysis, Chi-square test, Non parametric test, factor analysis and Data Visualization through generation of charts, using chart editor and exporting charts.
- General computer literacy
Duration: 1 Month
Career Option : Data Analyst
Courses Outline:- SPSS TRAINING PROGRAM
- Define data properties
- Data entry
- Deal with different formats of dataset
I. From File
- Open new SPSS data & syntax.
- Save SPSS data, syntax & output.
- Open data of different format & save in different format.
- Make data file password protected.
- Export Pivot tables.
- Save output
- Handling different format of dataset (.xlsx, csv).
II. From Edit
- Insert variables in data.
- Change the pivot table format.
- Find & Replace,Sorting
- Change the file locations to your folder.
- Shown & Hidden log,notes etc in output.
III. From Data
- Copy data set in new file.
- Copy data properties.
- Identify duplicate cases/ Identify unusual cases.
- Sort variables & transpose data. Mergefiles.
- Define multiple response sets.
- Use feature split file, select cases & weight cases.
IV From Transform:
- Generate random numbers.
- Use recode feature to categorize data.
- Using binning to generate value set.
- Use compute variable to compute new variable.
- Use Date & Time Wizard
V From Analyze
- Generate codebook of specific variable.<
- Find the frequencies of items.
- Generate Descriptive statistics from data.
- In the crosstab, Apply the feature Select Cases & Split files.
- Generate descriptive from supplied variable.
- Generate Cross-Tab with title ,total & not empty values with excluding variable features.( Use features from Summary statistics & Categories & total). And find mean, median & minimum values of a scale variable.
VI. Statistical Tests
- Reliability analysis.
- Chi-square test
- Non Parametric Test.
- Factor analysis.
- Generate charts.
- Use chart editor
- Export Charts.
- Working with syntax.
- Window Split for large dataset.
- Use of Direct Marketing & Utilities
- Programming Support