Digital Marketing is any form of marketing that exists online. The trend of marketing has seen a drastic change in the past decade as the maximum number of people or buyers are based online. Digital Marketing is the promotion of products or brands using digital technologies in the Internet by electronic medium. Digital Marketing can also be stated as an upgraded and advanced version of marketing as it works strategically to analyze whether the plans and campaigns work or not in real time.
Let’s begin with the factual impact of Digital Marketing:
- 50+ % of the organization as of now had a well integrated Digital Marketing Plan n 2018.
- Around 80% of advertisers trust that the conventional promotion is never again enough and Digital Marketing will make their organization income to be expanded by 30+%
- More than 80% of organizations will expand their online advertising budget that can even surpass the IT spending plan.
- Google has insisted in an investigation with IPSOS Hong Kong, affirming that 2.8 times better revenue generations can be attained for businesses using digital marketing compared to those who don’t.
Below are some most common assets and tactics that falls under digital marketing.
- Blog Posts
- E books
- Info graphics
- Interactive tools
- Social Media Channels such as Facebook, twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram etc
- SEO- SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization. The procedure of gaining traffic from the “free”, “organic”, search results on search engines for high ranking.
- SEM-SEM stands for Search Engine Marketing or Paid Search which refers to the paid listing, with the longer term of search marketing used to encompass both SEO and SEM. Below mentioned are the most common terms used to refer to SEM activities:
- Paid Search ADS
- Paid Search Advertising
- PPC ( Pay- per- click)
- PPC ( Pay- per call)
- CPC (Cost per click)
- CPM (Cost per thousand impression)
- Content Marketing- Content marketing is the creation and the promotion of content assets for the purpose of generating brand awareness, traffic growth, lead generation, or customers. Content is always regarded as the king and basis for all the marketing to how you want to portray your product to the whole world.
- Inbound Marketing- Inbound marketing generally refers to the approach of attracting, converting customers using online content.
- Social Media Marketing- The practice of promoting your brand and your content on social media channels to increase brand awareness, drive traffic, and generate leads for your business.The social media budget will be doubled in the next few years. The penetration of the internet is gaining more and more results.
- Pay- Per- Click (PPC) – A method of driving traffic to the website by paying a publisher every time the ad is clicked. One of the most common types of PPC is Google Ad Words.
- Native Advertising- Native Advertising refers to advertisements that are primarily content-led and featured on a platform alongside other, non-paid content.
- Marketing Automation- Marketing automationrefers to the software that exists with the goal of automating marketing actions.
- Email Marketing- Companies use email marketing as a way of communicating with their audiences. Email is generally used to aware and promote content, discounts and events, as well as to direct people towards the business’ website.
Role of Digital Marketing:
Digital Marketing is still a new advertisement platform in Nepal and hence is still a unique product offering for Nepal. Moreover, it is a powerful medium to connect with target audience and there are broad segments that we can target based on product profile. With the undeniable demand of present day digital advancements, organizations are doing all that they can to coordinate with the pace. They are either forced to change their channelization into the digital one or intensifying existing marketing procedures with digital methods. And the main inquiry that may emerge here is about the role of Digital Marketing for a particular organization.
- Digital Marketing gives Fair Opportunities to all kinds of Businesses who wants to go online.
- Digital Marketing is more cost effective than other ways of Promotions.
- Digital Marketing can effectively target the audience with traceable results.
Digital Marketing Strategy:
Digital Marketing Strategy in any business module lets you to be a dynamic part of incredibly unavoidable and similarly lucrative online Marketing framework. Digital Marketing is set to be the possible destiny of Marketing and it appears that soon it will outperform all the conventional marketing moves. We all know that the world is rapidly moving from customary to an advanced method for working, individuals devour online substance more preferably nowadays and businesses that have not yet incorporated Digital Marketing in their marketing frameworks need to include it as early as possible.
In short: Digital Marketing strategy is the series of actions that are going to help you achieve goals using online marketing. The term “strategy”Digital Marketing gives Fair Opportunities to all kinds of Businesses. In simple terms, a strategy is just a plan of action to achieve a desired goal, or multiple goals.
Future scope of Digital Marketing:
The Extent of Digital Marketing around the globe is huge. Print media has declined as the internet media is more financially savvy with extensive gathering of people. So now businesses are moving ahead with the modern convenient way of reaching people which was not possible via traditional media.
Career in Digital Marketing:
The increased frequent use of web has brought the development of online businesses which have resulted into a career growth in digital marketing for the job seekers. It will give the wide range of opportunities and is going to be the next billion dollar industry in coming years.
Also find the digital marketing specialist resume link attached below:
Digital Marketing Salary & Earnings:
The national average salary of Digital Marketing Manager in United States is $77,015 ranging from lowest to $53k and highest to $107k.
|Digital Marketing Project Manager||$77k|
|Digital Marketing Expert||$67k|
|Online Marketing Manger||$71k|
Source – Glassdoor
Find the digital marketing salaries survey report done in USA:
Digital Marketing in Nepal
The remarkable evolution of Digital Marketing in the last decade has also made its effect in Nepal. Following the plummeting of cash transactions in the China’s Retail market from 60% to just 38% in the span of 6 years from 2010 to 2016. The Co-relation between Online Transactions and Urbanization has a significant role on increasing online shopping/transactions and the effects are also seen in the Market of Nepal as well.
Nepal despite being a landlocked country has been bestowed with the boons of Digital Marketing by neighboring countries like India and China in the South Asian Region. Putting in the simplest form, marketing products by digital means to reach targeted consumers is Digital Marketing.
However, marketers in Nepal have to confront various challenges to stay a top in the small yet competitive Nepali Market. Updating Marketing strategies and learning the latest trends will remain a key to staying in the competition. Digital Marketing in Broadway Infosys Nepal focuses on the effective utilization of marketing skills, building an up-to-date strategy by creative means. Digital Marketing stands as a high-paying in demand job in Nepal as well in the international tech world due to the relentless growing of IT market.
Example of Digital Marketing
With the advancement of Technology and the increase in the trend of Smartphone usage, the global village has become much smaller. People this generation spend twice or thrice times as they used to 10 years ago. Technology has granted simplicity and changed the pattern of buying and selling.
Conversely offline marketing like business cards, billboards, and ground marketing has been less effective which saw the rise of Online Marketing as a new means of connecting to the internet based audience.
Digital Marketing uses various techniques such as SEO (Search Engine Optimization), Search Engine Marketing, E-Commerce Marketing, Content Marketing, Social Media Marketing, Affiliate Marketing, E-Mail Marketing, PPC etc. These are the most followed tactics and strategies of Digital Marketing helping to stand as a best digital marketer in Nepal and globally as well.
The Best Example of Digital Marketing can be taken from GoPro which has built its content strategy with amazing visuals and amassed 5.8 million subscribers on its YouTube Channel. GoPro focuses less on branding efforts and instead shines light on passionate users who at times become a public hero.
Learn Digital Marketing at Broadway Infosys
Broadway Infosys having stood for a decade as a leading IT Training Institutes in Nepal provides inclusive and in-depth practical learning of structured courses. Learning Digital Marketing at Broadway Infosys Nepal comes with a merit of studying with a pool of qualified and experienced instructors.
The training classes run in groups with experienced teachers and students are also provided with video recording of the class for further study. Students who are willing to study a course but being hesitant for lacking laptops are openly welcomed as Broadway provides laptops and desktops at class for students interested to study.